From fun-filled campsites and holiday villages with activities galore to cosy cottages nestled deep in the countryside, Europe is a popular destination for a family short break or weekend away for many good reasons, the chief one being that it’s quick, easy and relatively inexpensive to reach.
There’s also an incredible choice of short-break destinations and accommodation in Europe, whether it be seaside hotels, working farms or glamping sites, individual gîtes or boutique cottage complexes, holiday parks, theme-park breaks or fascinating cities packed with culture to soak up.
We’ve gathered our favourite short breaks in Europe with kids. Browse our listings, or check out our regular special offers or exclusive discounts with our favourite Europe short-break specialist partners:
• cottages.com: family-friendly properties in France and Italy; best discounts for our newsletter subscribers (sign up at the bottom of this page).
• Pierre & Vacances: self-catering apartments.
• Center Parcs Europe: popular holiday villages with lots of activities.
• Canvas: long-established campsite and holiday park operator.
• PGL Family Adventures: all-inclusive activity holidays, some in France.
• Disneyland Paris: theme-park breaks near the French capital.