Easter is an excellent time for family holidays – unlike half term, it’s long enough to warrant a long-haul trip and a bit of jet-lag on the promise of a proper blast of early-spring sunshine to blast away your winter blues. This means that the world really is your oyster.
Whether you stay near or far, prices and availability tend to reflect the popularity of this time of year among families, but you won’t encounter the peak prices – or the crowds – of high summer, so it’s worth thinking of making Easter your main holiday of the year.
Easter Family Holiday Ideas
• Family ski holidays: Resorts are cheaper and less crowded than at Christmas or February half-term, although you’ll need to go higher to be snowsure. See our top 10 resorts for Easter family ski holidays.
• For avoiding long flights or very hot weather with young kids: Malta, Morocco, Tunisia, Tenerife, Egypt, Cyprus or Turkey.
• Warmer spots with older kids: Oman, Dubai, Kenya, India and Thailand (the latter have low accommodation and eating costs to balance out flight prices).
• Escorted adventure holidays: a good way to tackle farther-flung/less familiar locations.
• Cottages, villas or apartments: from windswept Suffolk, the Algarve or a Greek island such as Crete to Orlando or a Caribbean island such as Saint Lucia.