Take the Family offer 300 detailed, family travel focused destination guides. Within each of these pages you will find a whole host of travel information, for example, why to go, what to do, what to eat, recommended family-friendly places to stay with booking links and childcare information. You'll also find in depth reviews of holiday and break experiences and lists of our favourites.
Additionally, many books have been written about family holidays and travelling with children and we recommend:
• Travel with Children (Lonely Planet), Maureen Wheeler and Cathy Lanigan - Maureen is the founder of Lonely Planet and knows a thing or two about travel!?!
• Your Child Abroad: a Travel Health Guide, Dr Jane Wilson-Howarth and Matthew Ellis
And if you're staying closer to home then handy reference guides include:
• Day Out With The Kids - lists over 6,000 attractions and days out across the UK.
• Let's Go With the Children - ideas on places to go and family events in the UK.
And why not get your kids in the mood with some relevant book choices for reading on or before your family holiday. Here are a few of our favourites, they're more appropriate for younger kids:
• Richard Scarry's Busy, Busy World
• Curious George Goes to the Beach, Margaret & H.A. Rey
• Maisy's Train, Lucy Cousins
• Maisy at the Beach, Lucy Cousins
• The Travel Book: A journey through every country in the world, Lonely Planet Kids